|Website of the Jewish Community of Warsaw – Lublin Branch||Wersja polska|
The oldest mention of the Jews settled in Lublin dates from the year 1330. In 1336 King Kazimierz Wielki (Casimir the Great) granted them the privilege to settle down in the so-called Podzamcze area (literally it means “at the bottom of the castle”). This fact was recalled by the seniors of the community in 1558. In 1475 rabbi Yaakov, who fled Trident after having been accused of blood libel, found shelter in Lublin. The 16th c...
|Copyright ©2007. All rights reserved. Designed and created by: Ad Rem and Artenativa.|